Buscar

Selasa, 20 Maret 2012

An afternoon at Gallerian


Finally, my exams are done. I had an exam yesterday, prepared a presentation afterwards, slept only a few hours and did a presentation this early morning for a paper  and basically dropped dead afterwards. After resting a while, I decided to go to Gallerian, Stockholm first and largest Galleria, because I saw that there was an opening ceremony of Royal Palace Sprint.
 
There was indeed a ceremony, which started with lots of songs being played by “Livgardets dragontrumpetarkår”. They are one of the royal bands I think since they’re using a yellow-blue uniform together with signs of CG XVI (meaning Carl Gustav XVI) on the drum, the current king of Sweden. I made a few videos myself that you can look here on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gCy2bH4hgQ. It was a nice performance and it was quite funny to see the drummer just making some movements in the air with his hand in sync with the rhythm.
 
Then the speeches came up from which I can only understand a glimpse of it. It explains something about the current participants, how much artificial snow has been put in to conduct this palace sprint and the rest I don’t know. It was then followed by an award ceremony and something is being given to someone and people started to make pictures. Of course my I did the same thing. I made pictures first, ask later :D
It turned out that the award was given to the winners of this year’s Vasaloppet and they were rewarded with a car each. The Vasaloppet is the longest annual cross country ski race in the world that is done in remembrance of Gustav Vasa, one of the founding fathers of Sweden, who was escaping from the troops of Denmark using the same route. This race was quite popular and attracted many competitors such as Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Prince William’s sister-in-law Pippa Middleton.
 
Ok, enough for today. Hopefully I’ll find something more tomorrow to share after seeing the Royal Sprint Race. See you then!

0 komentar:

Silahkan Tinggalkan Komentar anda disini

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... -->
 
All About Lembaga cyber information | Copyright © 2011 Diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger